The Best Potatoes Ever
This recipe is one of my favorite recipes of all time! Seriously, make it once and you’ll be hooked! These are little pillows of the most delicious sweet potato you’ve ever tasted! They’re so soft and fluffy on the inside, yet perfectly crunchy on the outside. The coconut oil is an amazing flavor combination with sweet potato – you’ll want to make these every day! With just 4 ingredients, this recipe couldn’t be simpler to make. All you need is sweet potato, coconut oil, salt and pepper! The coconut oil crisps up the potatoes, and the salt and pepper accents the sweetness! All you have to do is chop, bake, broil, done!
Bite-Sized Roasted Sweet PotatoesPrint This
- Sweet potato (about 1 small one per person)
- Virgin coconut oil, melted - I find you need about 1 tbsp. of oil per sweet potato
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Dice your sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Add your sweet potato pieces and at least 1.5 tablespoons of melted coconut oil to a large baking pan (the pan should be big enough so that the sweet potatoes can bake without touching – this allows the outside of the potatoes to get crispy).
- Add sea salt and pepper, then toss all of the potatoes evenly with the oil. If you need more oil, add more. – Adding enough oil (so that each piece is coated lightly) is crucial for crispy, fluffy potatoes.
- Roast 30-35 minutes, or until fork tender. Then broil the potatoes on high (for about five minutes – watch carefully, they burn quickly) until they are nicely browned and have reached your desired crispiness.