Cake For Breakfast
Yup, you bet! Strawberry shortcake is for breakfast! This cake is made using my paleo pancake recipe and it’s low-carb, sugar-free, gluten-free, and totally paleo. The only three ingredients in the pancake recipe are 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of coconut flour, and some coconut oil to fry it in. The top it with strawberries, banana, greek yogurt or fresh whipped cream and my 2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce made from coconut oil and dark chocolate… now that’s indulgently healthy!
- 1 paleo pancake
- 1 small scoop of 2% or full-fat plain greek yogurt (or fresh whipped cream, coconut cream, or coconut yogurt)
- Fresh strawberries, cut into little pieces
- Banana, cut into little pieces
- 1 serving of my 2-ingredient chocolate sauce (recipe below)
- Top your paleo pancake with a scoop of yogurt, then add the banana and strawberries. Finish with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
2-Ingredient Chocolate Sauce
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder, regular cocoa powder, chocolate chips)
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- This can easily be multiplied into a larger batch of sauce if you need it for more than one person.
- If you use the raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder as is, it will not be sweet. But you can use stevia or a touch of maple syrup to sweeten it up if you’d like. If you use the regular cocoa powder or chocolate chips, it will be sweet.
- Add your dark chocolate and coconut oil to a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave it for 20 seconds or until the oil is melted, then mix it all together until smooth. Enjoy!