Waffle Egg Sandwich
This Waffle Egg & Cheese is the perfect savory breakfast sandwich! Bump up the protein with a fried egg, and melt it all together for a cheesy, yummy treat! Plus, it’s using my Belg-Yum Waffle recipe, which is better than any Belgian waffle you’ve ever had! These waffles are fluffy, nutty, crispy, and most importantly… HEALTHY. They are grain-free, gluten-free, and because they’re made with only a touch of maple sugar, they’re actually super low sugar too!
Use the Freezer
I suggest in my original Belg-YUM Waffle recipe that you can make a batch of waffles and freeze the leftovers! SUCH A TIME SAVER. Use your freezer and pop a few in there – that way you can enjoy a Waffle Egg & Cheese in the easiest way possible, any day of the week. Simply thaw, fry an egg, and toast to melt!
Waffle Egg SandwichPrint This
- 1 Belg-YUM Waffle
- 1 or 2 eggs
- 1 slice of cheddar or American cheese
- Avocado or coconut oil, for frying
- Sea salt and pepper
- Prepare your waffles, (or if you have them frozen like a suggest in the original recipe) take one out of the freezer and toast it!
- Slice your waffle in half like you would a burger bun, then fry your eggs in coconut or avocado oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Just before the egg is done cooking, add a slice of cheese to the top and let it melt.
- Fill your waffle with the egg n’ cheese (and other fillings if using), then dig in!
- Sliced ham or turkey
- Spinach or other greens (sauteed or raw)
- Hot sauce
Do you have a favorite breakfast sandwich? Tell us about it in the comments below!