These are the healthiest muffins ever, and they are absolutely delicious! Why? They’re…
- Grain-Free: I use almond meal or almond flour instead of a grain-based flour!
- Gluten-Free: Since the only flour comes from almonds, there’s no wheat!
- Low-Sugar: There’s only 2 tbsp. maple syrup and 2 ripe bananas to sweeten the whole recipe!
1 Recipe, Any Flavor!
You can easily customize this banana bread base to make any flavor muffin you like. I have to admit, the strawberry is my favorite! Here are some suggestions:
- Blueberry (add fresh or frozen blueberries)
- Strawberry (add chopped fresh strawberries)
- Banana Walnut (add chopped walnuts)
- Chocolate Chip (add chocolate chips)
- Coffee Cake (add cinnamon)
Banana Bread MuffinsPrint This
- 2 ripe bananas (yellow with black spots works best)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted + extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix-ins: blueberries, chocolate chips, chopped walnuts, strawberries, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the bananas until they’re a smooth mixture (a fork works well for mashing).
- Add the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil to the bananas, then mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond meal, coconut flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and combine, then stir in the mix-ins.
- Grease your mini muffin tins with coconut oil, then fill each tin almost all the way with muffin batter.
- Bake the muffins for 15-20 minutes, or until done. Let them cool, then enjoy!