Rich & Creamy
This Creamy Vegetable Soup is so delicious and can be used for any set of vegetables you like! The creaminess comes from using butter, not cream. While it’s still dairy, butter gives the soup its creamy texture and flavor without the milk proteins that can irritate our digestion. And don’t worry, butter is actually good for you!!!! Having the healthy fat from butter help keeps you full, helps you absorb fat-soluble vitamins, and provides a rich and creamy taste. Enjoy!
Creamy Vegetable SoupPrint This
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic
- About 5 stalks of celery, chopped
- 6 cups of veggies - fresh or frozen (broccoli, peas, carrots, corn, green beans, cauliflower... in my version I used a combination of corn, green beans, and carrots)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 3-4 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 cups chicken stock/broth
- Add onion, celery, garlic, and avocado oil to a medium/large pot over medium heat. Add a generous sprinkle of sea salt then cover with a lid. Every minute or so stir the vegetables and cook until they’re tender.
- Add the other vegetables (fresh or frozen) and butter to the pot. Stir to combine everything. Season with sea salt and pepper. Add the stock to the pot, stir to combine, then simmer util all of the veggies are cooked (about 10-15 minutes)
- Remove the pot from the heat, then blend everything with an immersion blender until it’s nice and creamy.
If you don't have an immersion blender, you can pour the soup into a traditional blender and blend it in there.