Junk-Free Breakfast Sausage
My Apple Breakfast Sausage is seriously one of the most delicious sausages I’ve ever had! These sweet and savory patties are made with a mix of beef and lamb (or pork) to give the sausage the extra juicy flavor it craves. Plus, the sweetness from the apple and onion paired with just a touch of maple syrup make this the perfect compliment to any breakfast!
Why is it Good for You?
- High in protein
- Healthy fats from grass-fed lamb and beef
- Keeps you full and gives you lots of energy!
Store-Bought Breakfast Sausage…. Yuck!
Jimmy Dean Fully Cooked Pork Sausage Patties are gross! Why would you use store-bought sausage patties loaded with junk, when you can make a super simple recipe that is actually good for you! Pssst. I bet mine tastes even better too. 😉
- Have caramel color
- Use MSG
- Contain preservatives
- Are not GMO free or organic
INGREDIENTS: PORK, WATER, CONTAINS 2% OR LESS: POTASSIUM LACTATE, SALT, SPICES, SUGAR, SODIUM PHOSPHATES, DEXTROSE, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, SODIUM DIACETATE, CARAMEL COLOR.
Savory Apple Breakfast SausagePrint This
- 1/4 lb. ground lamb or pork
- 1/4 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 cup diced apple (ex: honey crisp)
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- Sea salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder (sprinkled generously)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then form into 6 small patties.
- Heat a pan with avocado oil.
- Cook the patties on medium/medium-hight heat for 3 minutes per side.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make this recipe ahead of time for easy breakfasts during the week. Replace the sea salt with applewood smoked sea salt for a touch of smokiness - it adds an amazing flavor!