Bite-Sized & Flavor-Packed
These stuffed mushrooms are my favorite! They’re so flavorful and they make the perfect appetizer or side dish to a meal. Unfortunately I can’t take all the credit 😉 Thank goodness for wonderful moms in my life! Mick’s mom made these a few times for dinner, and they were so simple and delicious that I had to post the recipe for you! The trick to making them extra delicious is to season the outside of the mushrooms. Seasoning both the outside and inside ensures that the entire bite is full of flavor. Baking them also lets the stuffing get crispy on top, which makes the perfect yummy bite!
- Chicken sausage, parmesan and spinach
- Bacon, cheddar and spinach
- Sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella and spinach
Easy Stuffed MushroomsPrint This
- 2 lb. mushrooms (baby portobello are my favorite)
- 3 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1/4 cup cooked chicken sausage, cooked bacon, or sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach (frozen works great!)
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (or almond meal)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, cheddar cheese, or parmesan, grated or shredded
- Sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the mushrooms and remove the stems, then add the mushroom tops to the bowl.
- Add 2 tbsp. avocado oil and sea salt to the bowl, then mix gently to coat the mushrooms.
- Add the mushroom tops (stem side up) to a baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, add meat or tomatoes, spinach, bread crumbs, cheese, and remaining 1 tbsp. avocado oil. Season with sea salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then mix to combine.
- Stuff the mushrooms with the filling, then bake the mushrooms for 20-25 minutes.
My favorite flavor combinations include chicken sausage, parmesan and spinach; bacon, spinach and cheddar; or sun-dried tomato, spinach and mozzarella.