Versatile & Delicious
Mick and I use this recipe at least once a week! Yup, it’s THAT good. (It’s also safe to say we are addicted at this point.) The sauce is naturally sweet, with no added sugar and it couldn’t be easier to make! We usually make a whole bunch instead of a single serving, since it stores really well in the refrigerator for up to one week. All we have to do is put the leftovers in a little jar in the fridge so that we can enjoy it all week long!
Use this Sauce for Everything
- Swirl it into yogurt
- Spread it on toast
- Top banana pancakes
- Top Belg-YUM Waffles
- Spread it between Pumpkin Pillow Cookies
- Replacing jam and jelly in any recipe!
Why is it Healthy?
- Just Blueberries! There’s nothing else – so there’s no way it can be bad!
- No Added Sugar! This recipe needs nothing else to sweeten it (although you do have the choice to add some maple syrup if you’d like).
- It made from Real Food! So it’s a great alternative to store-bought jams and jellies with added sugar and preservatives.
Blueberry SaucePrint This
- Organic frozen blueberries
- Maple syrup (not needed, but optional if you want a sweeter sauce)
- Add frozen blueberries to a small pot over medium-high heat.
- After they burst (about 5 minutes) simmer them until the juice has thickened to a syrup consistency. Enjoy!
I usually use between 1/2 cup and 2 cups blueberries at a time - you can cook as little or as much as you'd like! Adjust the size of the pot as necessary.