Eggs Are My Favorite
You can tell from all of my breakfast recipes that I absolutely love making eggs. But only just recently did I discover the secret to making them super fluffy – water! My grandma actually told me, and ever since I’ve been in love with making my eggs this way. Now anytime I need to make scrambled eggs, omelettes, or frittatas, I add water to the recipe. Trust me, once you do it you’ll love it too!
Fluffiest Veggie FrittataPrint This
- 2 - 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. water per egg
- Sliced veggies
- Coconut or avocado oil
- Parmesan cheese - optional
- Sea salt and pepper
- Hot sauce
- Fresh herbs
- Heat some oil in an oven-safe pan. Add your veggies and cook them until they’re tender, but still slightly firm. (If you want the veggies to look pretty, follow option 1 in step 3 of the recipe, and remove the veggies from the pan.)
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, water, sea salt and pepper, then add this egg mixture to the same pan (make sure it is greased with oil).
- Cook the eggs over medium-low heat, and push the edges inward with your spatula to cook the center of the eggs. (DO NOT break them up like scrambled eggs, the goal is to cook them more like an omelette.) When the bottom is cooked but the top is still liquidy…….
- Option 1: Sprinkle the top with cheese (and arrange your veggies on top of the frittata if not already in the eggs). Turn on your broiler, then place the whole pan in the center of your oven. Broil until the top is no longer liquidy, then serve with toppings.
- Option 2: Flip the eggs over and cook them on the other side like an omelette. Sprinkle with toppings, then dig in!!
You can easily use any vegetables you like. I used zucchini, mushrooms and scallions because I know it works really well! But you can easily swap the veggies to suit your taste and to utilize whatever you have in the fridge.
Like this recipe? Share it with your friends on social media using the icons below!