Having a yummy and healthy breakfast doesn’t mean sacrificing your entire morning. It can seem like a chore to cook (especially if you’re making eggs), so why not make it easy for yourself? Instead of spending precious time cooking, you can make your eggs ahead of time for the entire week! All you have to do is fill each cup of a muffin tin with a little spinach, crack an egg on top, then bake them in the oven.
There are people who love cooking breakfast in the morning (very few), and then there are people who want to stay in bed until the last possible second. Snooze buttons were invented for a reason 😉 But with this recipe you no longer have to sacrifice sleep in order to get a quality breakfast, wohoo! All you have to do is take one or two out of the fridge! Since these egg cups are made ahead of time, there’s no mess, no cooking time, and no rushing around the kitchen. I like to eat mine with steamed veggies and some fresh fruit on the side – but you can just as easily put it on a slice of toast with some avocado and make a quick breakfast sandwich!
Spinach Egg CupsPrint This
- 6 eggs
- Frozen chopped spinach
- Avocado oil, for greasing (or use silicone cupcake liners)
- Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease your muffin tins with avocado oil.
- Add about 1 heaping tbsp. of chopped spinach to each cup, then crack the egg on top of the spinach. Sprinkle the tops of each egg with salt and pepper, then place the tray in the oven.
- Bake the eggs 15-20 minutes, or until the whites are firm (*note – the egg yolks won’t be runny, since they’re baked*). Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Let them cool, then store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you want to make the egg cup frittata style, just change step 3 of the directions. First scramble each egg with the salt, pepper, and heaping tbsp. of spinach, then fill the cup. Bake for the same amount of time or until the centers are firm!