Saucy & Delicious
This Easy Eggplant Ragu turns eggplant haters into eggplant lovers! It’s saucy, delicious, and super healthy… plus it couldn’t be a simpler recipe to make. Trust me, even if you think you don’t like eggplant, just wait until you try this recipe!
The Quick Facts
- This dish takes only 20 minutes to make – most of which is just simmering it on the stove.
- You need only 3 ingredients + spices.
- You can make it with or without ground beef.
- You can serve it on its own as a vegetable dish, or over your favorite pasta.
Easy Eggplant RaguPrint This
- Avocado oil
- 1/2 cup tomato/pasta sauce
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 lb. ground beef, optional
- Garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, pepper, to taste
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan.
- Add eggplant and a splash of water to the pan, then cook until the eggplant begins to soften.
- Add the ground beef (if using) and the seasonings, mix them in and cook until the meat begins to brown.
- Add the diced tomatoes and tomato sauce, mix it all together, then cover the pan with a lid. Allow the dish to simmer until the tomatoes break down into a saucy stew (at least 10 minutes). Enjoy!
Serve sprinkled with parsley, grated parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes.