Nature is Sweet
Beets and are a powerhouse vegetable, just like the sweet potato! In fact, they are both nutrient dense, starchy root vegetables that make amazing sources of carbohydrates in your diet. This recipe for Balsamic Roasted Beets, along with Roasted Sweet Potato Fries, are one of the staples we make time and time again. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!
Tons of Flavor, But Super Simple
It’s easy to get in the habit of making the same thing over and over again. Thankfully, this is a super simple easy and delicious way to change things up! The balsamic pairs perfectly with the rich flavor of the beets, and as they cook, the two ingredients get even sweeter because of their natural sugars. Basically, they are SUPER yummy and you’ll want to make these every week!
Balsamic Roasted BeetsPrint This
- 2 large beets
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. melted coconut oil (or avocado oil)
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- I recommend a pair of gloves if you don’t want red stained hands! Peel the beets thick outer skin with a vegetable peeler, then slice your beets into thin slices.
- Line your beets in a single layer on a rimmed baking dish (you don’t want them to overlap or they won’t cook evenly – but, they will shrink up a bit as they cook so if they start overlapping a bit, it’s fine! Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on top of your beets, then drizzle with oil and balsamic.
- Bake the beets for 10 minutes. Flip the beets, then bake them for 20 more minutes (or until tender and slightly crispy).
Feel free to use golden beets, red beets, or a combination when preparing this recipe.