How To Roast The Perfect Potato
Besides making my bite-sized roasted sweet potato fries, Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are hands down my favorite way to cook sweet potatoes! Why? Let me tell you…
Simple & Delicious
You can roast any type of potato this way, but sweet potatoes are my favorite! That’s because sweet potatoes have natural sugars. That means roasting them in the oven brings out their natural sugars.Basically they’re sweet and yummy and like delicious potato candy!
It’s also really simple. All you have to do is clean the potatoes and put them in the oven. No mess, no fuss, just eat! This recipe is especially perfect for busy nights when you don’t want to cook. It’s can be a simple side dish for dinner that takes care of itself – oh yeah!
Heavenly Stuffed Sweet PotatoesPrint This
- 1 medium-sized sweet potato
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. cacao nibs (or dark chocolate chips)
- Wash your sweet potato, then stab it with a fork several times around the outside.
- Place your whole sweet potato in the oven on a baking sheet, then set the oven to 400 F.
- Roast your sweet potato until it feels soft to the touch (about 35 minutes to 1 hour depending on the size of the potato). You want it to be soft, but not mushy.
- Stuff it: Once it’s done, place the potato in a small dish, then slice it in half. Top with peanut butter, coconut, then cacao nibs. Enjoy!