It’s Really Cauliflower?
Creamy cauliflower mash is delicious and indulgent… yet it’s 100% healthy! The great thing about cauliflower mash is that you get all the deliciousness of mashed potatoes without all of the starch that come with potatoes. Therefore, this is a lower carb and lower calorie dish than traditional mashed potatoes.
This recipe is also a great way to have an extra serving of vegetables with your meal! If you didn’t know, cauliflower is a hardy, cruciferous vegetable that’s loaded with good-for-you nutrients. …And by preparing them like this you’ll hardly tell you’re not actually eating potatoes!
Creamy Cauliflower MashPrint This
- 1 pound bag frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp. grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Add cauliflower and water to a pot over medium heat and cover with a lid. Steam the cauliflower until it’s fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add the butter, cheese, salt, and pepper to the pot. Using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the cauliflower until it is smooth and has the look of mashed potatoes. (You can also use a hand masher, but it’s much faster and easier with a blender.)
- Taste, then add more butter, cheese, salt, or pepper if needed. (See notes below for adding more creaminess and flavor.) Serve and enjoy!
Add fresh garlic or garlic powder to make garlic-mashed potatoes. You can also mix in sour cream, avocado oil mayo, or full-fat Greek yogurt to add creaminess.